expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Getting ready for convention..

I have been sssssooo behind....between having work done in my house, dealing with a mice problem (literally and figuratively...lol) and getting ready for convention...am in overload. I really have no excuse except that I signed up for so many things....My customers enjoy seeing the samples and taking a picture of them so I can not overlook a lot of swaps. Will put them out a little at a time...lol Have to spread them out for a time. Although that really isn't true....I have four swaps in August and have to finish them after convention because I will visit my favorite uncle in KY and go to OH to visit family and friends. My convention roomie, and friend, Diane was able to get two of her downline...Ginger and Leishman to help with the preconvention kits. Without them, it would have been a two day job ....at least. I wish we had taken photos for our blogs...we had four big shots going...two of them mine...need to order more plates. I had done the designing, cutting and scoring of the kits, but we had to do all the big shot work and there was a lot. The worse part was packing everything up in 100 degree heat...see, I am a Yankee (with previous heat issues) so you know this heat is kicking my behind. I think I stop breathing when I go from a/c to outside to say the least. I just finished 160 plus WOW cards...that was a job...one of my customers and friend, Carol helped me with the embossing....embossing 320 items is no simple and short feat...but Carol and is really good...thanks moocho Carol!!! I am working on the 80 plus one for preconvention and have them half full and have been doing and planning 4 classes in two weeks right before convention....bad planning but had to do that so when I return from convention, I can do the swaps for August groups..lol I am co-chairing a annual church garage sale this year....since I was donating a lot of furnishings, I had to get all of them moved to the garage...either by myself or with help...my friends Nita and Mike probably wish I would move. It is difficult for me to ask for help...other than mechanical, but this was a no brainer...lol. We moved a beveled glass table (ssssooo heavy) and sleeper couch...desk, etc...and then all the items were picked up on Monday. I was so zapped!! I live on a lot of land, and this city girl still is not used to some things....am near commercial but only one neighbor and she doesn't come out of her house...lol Due to the tornadoes last year and the damage I had to replace three roofs and there was extensive damage to my garage turned into a room area. The ceiling and leaks were numerous. The white devil dust is still in the clean up process. While the workers were doing the work, the door was left open....hence mice came in. The problem with mice, other than making me scream at the top of my lungs...is that they leave a scent and continue to come in the same way each time. I have a regular exterminator, who came as soon as I called...I was surprised how fast. If you are in AL, you know things are not done quickly...lol. I went to show him the damage and he said it could be one mouse. I went to the bathroom and went to show him where I saw some bedding...I opened the drawer and I see this little mouse and screamed at the top of my lungs....the exterminator asked me if I was ok....when I screamed this mouse jumped out of the drawer and onto the floor and ran into my closet!! He set this sticky traps and caught the one right away in the closet. I have only moved a caught mouse one time and it was dead in a garage trap in OH...the previous time , I called a male friend and he came over and tossed it...lol. I was trying to be brave and went to move it, and the mouse moved. It is still sitting there ...I have to check if it ever dies or just is stuck and you throw it away..I HATE stuff like this.............will find out from my friends if I throw it away while wiggling...I hope not, not sure if I can do that...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment