expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tutorial forQuick Gift card holder...(Christmas or whatever)

 

 

This was a tag I created using the Long dress form die....


I took the same die and idea and it works for a gift card also...the gift card can be put in with sticky tape (don't tape the magnetic strip though...lol)
Below I will explain the quick tutorial, and then show a few quick samples ....will work on more samples for Friday's post...

Cut your cardstock 5 1/2 x 4 1/4....after cutting with the die , I scored it at  2 10/16ths....yours will depend on how close you cut it...(.I am trying to cover all my dies in contact or vinyl to be easier to see and mark)  Below is part of the long die...I marked the edge so I could line all of them up the same....
 Put your cardstock on the die....the cut opening of the die is 4 1/4 so all you have to do is put the paper in the well.....
This will be the amount that is left over when you remove the paper from the one side....
Then you put it through the second time and line it up with the opposite side...what you are seeing is the amount left over after the cut
Here are my samples.....used the stripe new embossing folder in the holiday mini..
 YEAH!!!! Gift card fits ..perfectly!!
 Here is another sample....
 It didn't show up too well with white on white so took a second picture of the same thing...
the last one is using the other new embossing folder in the holiday mini with the cherry cobbler coordinations paper....
 
A quick aside....I did try my big shot plates in a 325 oven for 20 minutes and mine were totally warped...near cracking....I have an ooooollllllddddd oven but here is the picture of them wrapped in foil with a pyrex dish on top and the end result...all flat...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what I REALLY needed to do is take the before picture of all the warped plates....lol...oh well....too late...lol
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment