expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Wonderful 60th birthday story

This is such a heart warming story
Over a month ago....I had a knock at the door....this is unusual as I am isolated in a commercial area...the gentleman introduced himself and never connected who he was until he mentioned his wife, Deb. Deb comes to my classes and does cards in record time....well, Howard had stopped over to ask me to make his wife a special card for her 60th birthday..he wanted to pay me but I said that was ok...just send it to me in the mail.....................................he wanted a real special card................that is the sweetest thing I have ever seen a husband do....I just couldn't get over how special that really was...so I was determined to make it really special...I downloaded a lot of cards and it took me a month to decide which one she would appreciate the most.....below is the card...it took me ssssoooo many tries before I got it just perfect....sorry that I had to use a MS punch but it was the only one I could get this corner look...rest is SU..........used the diagonal plate for the envelope.......the only change I would have made was put the 60th birthday on a tag attached to the card...lol.....I delivered the card to Howard's brother (and that is a story in itself....lol...got lost...)....got a wonderful note from Deb and a generous check from Howard...she loved it....(( had told Howard I would do it for free....but the payment  was a wonderful surprise..lol)













I needed a wider ribbon, so that isn't SU either...sorry......have a wonderful day....



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, your project has been chosen for the July 31 Blog finds of the Day. If you would like to see other projects chosen, please visit http://blogfindsoftheday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! great dear , it's awesome card and lovely story your. Thanks for sharing.
    60th birthday cards

    ReplyDelete